PPGL is more heat and corrosion resistant. Its service life can reach more than 50 years under normal conditions. The PPGI is about 20-30 years. But PPGL roof panels are more expensive than PPGI roof panels. It depends on your budget and usage environment.
The difference between PPGI and PPGL sheets PPGI and PPGL sheets are two different color-coated steel sheets, which are widely used in various industries, such as advertising, construction, transportation, home appliance industry, etc., and they are very similar. But there are still some differences. So, what is the difference between PPGI and PPGL tables?
The difference between PPGI and PPGL sheets
1. Different substrates PPGI is the abbreviation of pre-painted galvanized steel, and PPGL is the abbreviation of pre-painted galvalume steel. As the name implies, PPGI uses galvanized sheet (with a zinc coating) as the parent material. PPGL is based on galvanized sheet, which is coated with 55% aluminum, 43.3% zinc and 1.6% silicon. This is the main difference between PPGI and PPGL, which will further affect their characteristics and applications.
2. Service life As mentioned earlier, both zinc coating and aluminum-zinc coating are used to protect metal from rusting to prolong its service life. For GI sheets, when the zinc layer is fully corroded, it will damage the base metal. Generally speaking, galvanized sheet can be used for 10 to 15 years. Alloys of aluminum and zinc form microscopic grain domains. Zinc-rich phases corrode preferentially, while aluminum-rich phases corrode very slowly. So Al-Zn coating is more corrosion resistant than galvanized steel. According to data, the service life of PPGL is three times that of PPGI.
3. Weight difference Under the same coating thickness, Al-Zn coating is lighter than zinc coating. This is because the specific gravity of aluminum is lower than that of zinc. That is to say, under the same weight, the Al-Zn coating can cover 3% more space than the GI sheet. Item Thickness (mm) Weight (g/m 2 ) GI 0.6 200 GL 0.6 350
4. Difference in Appearance The surface of PPGL sheet is smoother than that of PPGI sheet. This is because aluminum adheres better than zinc. For the same reason, PPGL sheets can be painted directly without pretreatment. However, for galvanized sheets, pretreatment is required.
5. Different characteristics The heat resistance of PPGL sheet is better than that of PPGI sheet. PPGL sheet can withstand the temperature of 315°C. In addition, PPGL sheets have better corrosion resistance than PPGI. This is because the dense layer made of aluminum prevents further corrosion of the base metal. GI and GL
6. Different Applications Both PPGI and PPGL sheets are widely used for wall panels and roofing. In contrast, PPGL has better corrosion resistance, which means it is more suitable for harsh outdoor environments. In addition, it is widely used in chimney pipes, ovens and lampshades, etc. due to its good heat resistance and good surface conductivity. But PPGL has less cut edge protection. Therefore, you can use anti-rust paint or zinc-rich paint on the cut edge. Cut edge protection geography, the cut edge of PP PPGL is less protected.
PPGI and PPGL plate are two different color coated steel plate, widely used in various industries, they are very similar, but there are still some differences, if you still do not know how to choose PPGI and PPGL, you are welcome to consult us will give you more professional advice according to your application and budget.PPGI and PPGL plate are two different color coated steel plate, widely used in various industries, they are very similar, but there are still some differences, if you still do not know how to choose PPGI and PPGL, you are welcome to consult us will give you more professional advice according to your application and budget.Shandong Baowu Steel Group.welcome your consultation at any time