What needs to go through from aluminum ingot to aluminum profile?
(1) Ingredients: According to the specific alloy grades that need to be produced, calculate the addition amount of various alloy components, and reasonably match various raw materials.
(2) Smelting: The prepared raw materials are put into the melting furnace for melting according to the process requirements, and the impurities and gases in the melt are effectively removed by means of degassing and slag removal and refining.
(3) Casting: Under certain casting process conditions, the smelted aluminum liquid is cooled and cast into round casting rods of various specifications through the deep well casting system.
Extrusion is a means of profile forming. First, design and manufacture the mold according to the cross-section of the profile product, and use the extruder to extrude the heated round cast rod from the mold. The commonly used grade 6063 aluminum alloy also uses an air-cooled quenching process and a subsequent artificial aging process during extrusion to complete heat treatment strengthening. Different grades of heat treatable strengthening alloys have different heat treatment systems.
3. Surface treatment
The surface of extruded aluminum alloy profile is not strong in corrosion resistance, and the surface must be treated by anodizing to increase the corrosion resistance, wear resistance and appearance of the aluminum profile.
Its main process is:
(1) Surface pretreatment: Use chemical or physical methods to clean the surface of the profile to expose the pure substrate, so as to obtain a complete and dense artificial oxide film. Mirror or matt (matt) surfaces can also be obtained by mechanical means.
(2) Anodic oxidation: After surface pretreatment, under certain process conditions, anodic oxidation occurs on the surface of the substrate to form a layer of dense, porous, and strong adsorption AL203 film.
(3) Pore sealing: the film pores of the porous oxide film formed after anodic oxidation are sealed, so that the anti-pollution, corrosion resistance and wear resistance of the oxide film are enhanced. The oxide film is colorless and transparent. Using the strong adsorption of the oxide film before sealing, some metal salts are adsorbed and deposited in the film pores, which can make the surface of the profile appear many colors other than the original color (silver white), such as: black, bronze, Golden yellow and stainless steel color, etc.